Sunday, December 30, 2018

Project > THE RIG < Part One



This is by far the most complex project that ever came through my mind. I plan to build a RIG that would allow me to install and test any type of motherboard - ATX, MiniATX or MicroATX.


The main idea is to have a RIG that after installing MoBo of any type would let me to also install peripherals of any type - graphic cards, sound cards, generaly any type of AGP / PCI / PCI Express card (normal and low profile). The RIG also needs to have a place to mount PSU and all the drives.

Drives are of course easy part of the job - just some 5,25'', 3,5'' and 2,5'' bays. Same goes wih PSU - there are two types of PSU that requires four holes to "screw in" and some kind of suspension. The hardest part is MoBo section. I figured out, that i need a hard frame with two moving rails. With those rails i would regulate all dimensions that i will require to mount all three types of MoBo! I have a little sketch to show you my way of thinking:


Take it as a "THE RIG v 0.1" - my first try to put my idea on paper (and by paper i mean MS Paint). On this little scheme you can see where i plan to put moving rails that will be able to slide and be exactly where i will need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment