Friday, January 4, 2019

Windows XP Gaming Set - In-Game Test


Couple of days ago i put my Win XP Gaming Setup to work and it's about time to test it with some games! The idea is to play late 90's and early 2000's games, which runs the best on Windows XP.

I decided to install some of my favourite "Win XP Era" games and then record gameplay directly on this setup. I recorded all vids using FRAPS and with frame limiter set on 30 FPS. Just for a quick reminder:

PC specs
Motherboard: MSI PM8M3-V mATX
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 630 3.00 GHz
GPU: nVidia GeForce FX 5600 XT 256MB AGP 8X
RAM: 1 GB DDR1 (1 module)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST350041 500GB SATA
PSU: Fortron / Source 350W

List of tested games
Half Life (DirectX 6)
Max Payne (DirectX 8.0)
Return to Castle Wolfenstein (DirectX 8.0a)
Postal 2 (DirectX 8.1)
Soldier of Fortune II (DirectX 8.1)
Gothic II (DirectX 8.1)
Unreal Tournament 2003 (DirectX 8.1)
Max Payne 2 (DirectX 9.0)
GTA Vice City (DirectX 9.0)
Call of Duty (DirectX 9.0b)
Fable Lost Chapters (DirectX 9.0c)

I put everything in one video, wchich has some additional info about FPS with and without recording. Feel free to like and share my video, also if you like the content you can subscribe to my channel - i will surely post new, exciting content soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment